Thursday, December 09, 2021

Rocket City Marathon in Huntsville, AL on December 9, 1989

 (I started writing about Nancy Mieszczak’s 32-year-old races back in 2010. I thought they’d been too much fun to be enjoyed just once; and, maybe just a little bit, I wanted to show The Kids how the Old Folks used to roll back in the days of yore. Anyways, I initially crammed a bunch of her races into one continuing post. Lately I’ve been writing them up one by one. If you’re interested, you can start from the beginning here..)

Distance: 26.21 miles

Time: 2:55:53

Place: 1

Prize: $1,250

∑ Career Earnings: $22,479

 

The Skinny: Race Director Harold Tinsley treated his invited runners like royalty. Huntsville was always a great road trip.

 

Here’s the newspaper’s writeup of the results.

 



 

Coming next time: Shamrock 8 KM

No comments: