Friday, July 09, 2021

Utica Boilermaker 15 KM in Utica, NY on July 9, 1989

 (I started writing about Nancy Mieszczak’s 32-year-old races back in 2010. I thought they’d been too much fun to be enjoyed just once; and, maybe just a little bit, I wanted to show The Kids how the Old Folks used to roll back in the days of yore. Anyways, I initially crammed a bunch of her races into one continuing post. Lately I’ve been writing them up one by one. If you’re interested, you can start from the beginning here.)

Distance: 9.321 miles

Time: 56:05

Place: 2

Prize: $500

∑ Career Earnings: $18,829

 

The Skinny: Ngaire Drake won in 55:05.

 

This was Nancy’s 5th and last Boilermaker. We remember all the Boilermakers fondly for their challenging course, their great post-race parties, and for Earl Reed’s thoughtful consideration.

No comments: