Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Checkers 8 KM in Buffalo, NY on June 30, 1989

 (I started writing about Nancy Mieszczak’s 32-year-old races back in 2010. I thought they’d been too much fun to be enjoyed just once; and, maybe just a little bit, I wanted to show The Kids how the Old Folks used to roll back in the days of yore. Anyways, I initially crammed a bunch of her races into one continuing post. Lately I’ve been writing them up one by one. If you’re interested, you can start from the beginning HERE.)

Distance: 4.971 miles

Time: 28:40

Place: 2

Prize: $200

∑ Career Earnings: $18,329

 

The Skinny: Nancy pocketed $200 for finishing second to a woman named Benzoni. Somehow I forgot to record her first name back then.

 

There’s a good reason I might have been a bit distracted. The old Duck hisownself actually WON the Master’s Division of this race (26:13) in our hometown, winning his first-ever, and last, cash prize of $250.

 

Not a bad day at all!

 



 



No comments: