Friday, April 22, 2022

Ice Breaker 5 MI in Great Falls, MT on 4/22/1990

 (I started writing about Nancy Mieszczak’s 32-year-old races back in 2010. I thought they’d been too much fun to be enjoyed just once; and, maybe just a little bit, I wanted to show The Kids how the Old Folks used to roll back in the days of yore. Anyways, I initially crammed a bunch of her races into one continuing post. Lately I’ve been writing them up one by one. If you’re interested, you can start from the beginning here.)

Distance: 5 MI

Time: 30:48

Place: 2

Prize: $150

∑ Career Earnings: $23,779

 

The Skinny: A Lady I Won’t Name won the Masters’ Division. But Nancy was very cooperative with the racers and race director, glad handing entrants while giving a pre-race training clinic, and being accessible and positive post race. So the director, whose name I sadly forget, funneled a few extra dollars into the first runner up’s pockets. Hey, what goes around comes around!

 

Lunching with Frank Shorter


 

Coming next time: Shamrock 8 KM on 3/16

No comments: