Friday, May 21, 2021

Lilac Festival 10 KM in Rochester, NY on May 21, 1989

(I started writing about Nancy’s 32-year-old races back in 2010. I thought they’d been too much fun to be enjoyed just once; and, maybe just a little bit, I wanted to show The Kids how the Old Folks used to roll back in the days of yore. Anyways, I initially crammed a bunch of her races into one continuing post. Lately I’ve been writing them up one by one. If you’re interested, you can start from the beginning HERE.)

Distance: 6.214 miles
Time: 35:56 
Place: 1 
Prize: $500, plus $300 appearance money 
∑ Career Earnings: $18,129 

The Skinny: Nancy was always treated royally by the organizers in Rochester, and she returned the favor with strong performances. This race pushed her career earnings above $18K.

No comments: