Friday, October 25, 2019

Freihofer’s 10 KM in Syracuse NY on October 25, 1987

Back in 2010 I began blogging about my wife Nancy’s long and decorated career as a runner. At the time, I decided to keep all the races I’d eventually append in one huge blogpost. You can peek at it if you’d like to here.
But I’ve decided after making many entries that it’s time to post each race on its own. For a time, I’ll continue to include these opening paragraphs — note for future readers: this opener debuted October 25, 2019. If it’s no longer needed someday down the road, then we’ll eliminate it for the sake of streamlining.
I hope you enjoy the slightly more concentrated presentation.
Distance: 6.214 miles
Time: 37:11
Place: 17
Prize: $100
Career Prizes: $15,779

The Skinny: 


Freihofer’s hosted the National Championship this year, thus drawing a field too strong for 38-year-old Nancy. This also explains why it paid at least 17 deep. Lynn Jennings won in a brisk 32:19 on the flat park road course.

No comments: